Saturday, September 15, 2007

Journal Date 10/2/2006

This picture posted by The Menace some time ago is one I'm sure you all remember. When it appeared on the Handicap Parking blog it caused nary a stir. Basically got little or no reaction..... As far as every body knew, The Menace had returned from a long public hiatus donning a cuddly fluffy bunny head and Red Sox Jersey.

"How quaint" I'm sure most said to themselves, "Johnny has turned a newer, softer, gentler leaf. Maybe he's volunteering himself at Easter egg hunts for asian orphans.... That's nice."

However this was just not so.

In fact, while all of you were happy to assume that this picture was a simple snapshot of The Menace in time (so, so innocent) - only I knew the horror and carnage behind it that photo. I took it myself "the next morning"....

That being said, let this be the first in my series of autobiographical journal entries, titled "It's time to talk..."

10.2.06
Last night Johnny locked me in the closet with a bowl of poppyseed muffins. I hurt my wrist. It took me 4 hours to cut through the door with a potato peeler. There was a strange odor coming from the kitchen.
Then, the phone rang. I figured it was Jose looking for work again, but as I bent down to press my ear to the speaker of the answering machine... I felt somebody watching me.

"Johnny? Why are you wearing the bunny suit? And what's with the whiskey?"
He said nothing. Just turned around and took a swig of his Bushmills as he walked towards the door.
"John? Where are you going?... Johnny?"

Yes. That was about the bulk of the conversation. I mean, I knew The Menace was a little eccentric - but, the bunny suit? I'm clueless. Why hadn't I seen it before? How many nights have I been locked in while Johnny ran-about town looking like the Easter Bunny?

Something is awry around this place. I have to figure out what's with the bunny suit and that straw basket.

I think I'll follow him next time he goes....


Evil easter

Add to My Profile | More Videos

4 Comments:

Blogger Everything Nice said...

Boys don't cry Johnny. Boys. Don't. Cry.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Jenn Doll said...

I eat rabbits for lunch.

And Boys. Don't. Cry.

4:06 AM  
Blogger Everything Nice said...

I'm sorry.

10:36 PM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

hmmmm.. you know i think recall a similar version.. but really a potato peeler?.. now why would i leave that in the closet with you.. when i clearly could have used it to spread jesus's message of easter..

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counters