Thursday, July 14, 2005

In response to:


I loved this comment so much i needed a post to respond to it, responding to this in the comment box would not cut it. This was from No-L after she read my dennis hurricane post below. I'll preface this with... the comment No-L wrote was long winded enough and open for me to be an asshole and over analyze it, the content isn't offensive to me. It just gives me an excuse to throw up a couple of redneck pictures (like the charmer above) and talk about Florida and hurricanes, and Ferris Bueller. Ok... time to be an asshole.

No-L wrote:

Hey, I thought Texas was the capital of the southerners *cough* I mean rednecks. You know the accents, cowboy boots and the hats they all threw me off. Texas has been known to have hurricanes hit their coast and not just any hurricane folks the worst one in history. It killed over 6,000 people in Galveston.


Last time I checked Florida was the #1 tourist destination… not just in the country, in the world. They must have something to offer to have so many people want to visit. Hmmmm… maybe they wanted to visit redneck Mickey.

I do however think it is in pretty bad taste to make fun of people who have lost their lives, their homes or both. I am not
religious but who are you to say who god likes and doesn’t like? Do you really think that you are that righteous?

First off your obviously a native floridian (plus the fact that it is on your blog). You thought texas was the capitol of southerners and or rednecks?..... please stop thinking.... Everyone knows the capitol of the south is Richmond, VA. Sure we lobbied for it here in Texas at our bi-weekly "The South Shall Rise Again" meetings, but with 5 fucking presidents from that state and the lobbying of the tobacco companies VA snatched up the capitol. Now rednecks, hillbilly, hick is a diffrent story. Redneck is just a social sterotype. It would be like asking what's the capitol of the Yuppies. Who knows they're everywhere?

And an accent, cowboy boots, and cowboy hat are your signs for a redneck?? Try visiting a few states other than Texas before you make that assumption. Arizona, Wyoming, New Mexico, Oklahoma, fucking Austriala perhaps, maybe they have a capitol of rednecks because they sure do have a lot of "cowboys" especially Wyoming... and don't give me the accent thing... you go to any other state in the US that is a few hundred miles from you and everyone will have an accent. Even the austrialians will have accents.

Here's a list of qualities to help you identify a redneck that I base off the "Jeff Foworthy Show" that ran for 3 seasons on ABC. Feel free people to let me know if i leave something out.

You you have an fridge stocked with pabst blue ribbon
One of your releatives makes moonshine for income.
You have to have a gun rack in your pick up.
Your favorite outfit is sleeveless shirt, blue jeans, and a cap (baseball or trucker)
Your hair must be mullet or military cut
Your favorite shows must be one of the following NASCAR, WWE, or something with monster trucks.
You must collect junk cars on your lawn.

That will help you better id a redneck than the cowboy look. I'm sure other's will chime in with additional charateristics, I left it pretty wide open. Moving On.


Ok texas has had hurricanes.... true. The last hurricane to hit texas was in 99' hurricane brett. (Not a every cool name) While as Florida, what is it now an average of 2 a year. As far as the galveston hurricane, lets not pretend that was recently... it happened in fucking 1900. 1900, jesus. The first radio reciever had not even recieved its first transmission. So no mass communication, no model-T to drive away... you had to load up the horse and buggy to get away, that is if your neighbor was a metoroligist to tell you a fucking hurricane was coming since there wasn't a TV, and a majority of the deaths were due to the flooding induced by the hurricane. So only 6,000 due to flooding ... for the year 1900... not that bad.. I'm sure you can google deadliest flooding and my a million more deaths than that.... *cough* tsunami *cough*


#1 tourist destination.... no shit....
warm sunny beaches all around, golf, disney world, universal studios, your closer than flying to hawaii, shark attacks, rednecks, the ghettos of Tampa Bay, hurricanes, cruise ships port mainly in Maimi, and you can pretend your in Hati or Cuba in parts of Maimi. Of course its number one. What they need now is Hurricane World. I bet it would be 10x better than redneck Mickey.

I did read through the post again and..... ok you got me i skimmed the fucker and i don't think i mentioned anything about people dying. I simply suggested all rednecks should move to Tennessee. I should think that would work for you then they would have a capitol.

and for the last 2 questions... if your not religous then why do you care who i say god does and doesn't like? and for the last question, righteous as in Ferris Bueller righteous dude? or Pulp Fiction's the path of a righteous man?... i think you mean self-righteous
.

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh okay, I wasn't quite sure what you were talking about when you said No-L should read my Severe Weather guide. Now I get it.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

eddie - are you doing marketing research on here? i don't mind but at least leave a rap.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Perdita said...

Market research?
For what?
Well rehearsed (well written!) diatribes regarding rednecks, weather, and time lines resulting in how to make a girl cry.
Hmm, came to the right sight.

Again I was wrong?
You do Not write Satire
;)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

ally - you have the CD don't you... didnt' he do a couple of you might be a redneck jokes at the end of everyshow. and how did Haley Joel Osment have a career after being on there?

4:30 PM  
Blogger Alecia said...

I'm freaked out that Eddie's picture is only half his body.

Alecia

6:43 PM  
Blogger Lake Allison said...

Ironically, some of those "redneck" traits (like Pabst Blue Ribbon and trucker hats) have been adopted by hipsters who live in trendy, metropolitan areas.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

ally - ha! great thought. pulling a webster on all of us. him and dakota fanning. maybe he hangs with micheal jackson. that webster/micheal video very creepy to watch.

alecia - yeah that bad tie choice throws me off to.

ally s - really pabst blue ribbon trendy? i'm going to half to call bullshit on that. yes i agree the trucker hat has replaced the bucket hat.

10:29 PM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

rhonda - that was more like 5 things. i've noticed if you don't read something from a previous post that the author mentions then yeah you really wouldn't know what they are talking about.

12:36 AM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

oh.... really the mullet i would have guessed the nipple piercing. And i'm sure his name is Tucker. looks like a tucker.

12:39 AM  
Blogger da buttah said...

momma said knock you out....so i'm gonna knock you out....momma said knock you out.....

there. some rap for you.

7:44 AM  
Blogger Abreu, Jorge said...

Awww... Poor No L. Could that stand for (have no) NO LIFE!!! I'm sorry, don't mean to be so MEAN but who are u to say who's righteous, religious... Or any damn thing for that matter. Keep on keepin on Menace...
Ha Ha Ha!!!

11:24 AM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

Wow! When you say you're going to over analyze, you certainly do.... where do you get all the time?Although grammatically speaking, I do think you might qualify for an honorary redneck card. (Try using "you're" for "you are", instead of "your") As for the picture of "Tucker", the ruthless and toothless are invading the earth, not just Florida. (I've moved 9 times in 10 years, and they're EVERYWHERE.)

I live in Florida (though I sure the hell am not native), and I pretty much hate it here. I also agree with you that the media feeds off the misery of other people, particularly in their ridiculous hurricane coverage (you should see the local news on hurricanes-far worse than national coverage). I'm sure your Dennis commentary was tongue-in-cheek, but perhaps offensive to some. Maybe No-L has personally known someone who died or lost everything in a hurricane? I can tell, the damage last year was enough to make you really sorry for those who lost homes and family. Every funny comment or sarcastic remark is bound to offend someone.....perhaps you should be as easy-going in your responses as you apparently want people to be in reading your blog. I now step down from my soapbox...and I do like the site :).

1:23 PM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

avik - thanks.

butt - a little ll brightens the my day.

jorge - glad someone enjoyed that.

grody - first. i love the mohawk. i agree with you and appauld your soapbox speech and i like to think i'm easy going in my responses except this . i have no problem with any comments on this blog negative, rapping, or market research. but you have to understand deep down i am evil and if i'm presented that path i will take it (butt please let me know if that will hold up in court). It was a dick move on my part but i enjoyed it. i'll speak to my editor about the grammar. He is from a public school system so i don't think he'll understand the difference.

1:48 PM  
Blogger mrs. awesome said...

Johnny Menace, at least you know yourself! Name and claim that evil within.... but I don't think it will save you in the prison showers (don't bend over!) :)

1:53 PM  
Blogger No-L said...

I am SO honored that you would center a whole post around my comment. My
day is now complete.

Your original post has its funny moments, but you have to admit that mine did,
too (hello sarcasm). I was merely pointing out that hurricanes have left many
people homeless and destitute, and the news coverage cannot compare with seeing
the devastation first-hand. Oh, and when I was referring to you as righteous,
I did not mean self-righteous (although nice pulp fiction reference). I meant
that you must be really righteous to know God's mind and intentions. I'm
thinking that God appreciates the tequila picture too.

Did I strike a nerve? I must have. Which of course is the whole point.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

First,...you are my inspiration... you didn't like the righetous dude Ferris Bueller line... that's a classic line right? public fiction it is then... excellent choice.

jesus should have not let someone bring a camera.
rule number one for a bachelor party no camera.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

i think you need another period in there somewhere.

1:47 AM  
Blogger James said...

Virginia is not part of the south. I so hate when people take the south to mean the southern states of the original colonies.
can we not agree now that South doesn't have anything to do with the Mason Dixon line? Christ does anyone think of Maryland as the south? The south should be the central southern portions of the US(theres no way we could include California)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Johnny Menace said...

then what is virgina a part of? don't say east. just because its on the east coast doesn't make you apart of the east. your right in their with goergia, the carolinas... part of the south.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Lexapro remeron Brown lowlights in blonde hair Cheyenne wyoming time share resales how to replace ford taurus alternator lasik eye surgery ford credit europe Hotels in clarksville indiana

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Website Counters